In case you didn't know, my dad used to save the world on a daily basis before he became an engineer and settled down with my mom . I've recently been learning more about his pre-us life. Here are some text messages from the last week or so:
Me: I'm getting ready to start watching 24. I expect I won't get off the couch for at least 4 hours...
Dad: I think you're right. Isn't it fun to gradually learn about who I was before I met Mom?
Me: Yes! Your scars have healed really well!
Dad: I'm not you're usual super hero.
Me: As I'm learning;)
~~~
Me: I'm almost to 4am. I'm looking forward to sunrise when things are less creepy!
~~~
Me: Aww dad, jack bauer just killed a dog:(
Dad: I don't remember that! He must've thought it was a wolf!
~~~
Me: Dad, jack's flying the plane with the nuclear bomb in it and just said goodbye to kim. I'm bawling my eyes out! I'm so glad you quit that job before you had us!
Dad: Me too! I was good at it but having a family at the same time forces hard decisions. You always have to do what's right for this country.
No comments:
Post a Comment