Wednesday, January 16

Catching up on Christmas

How pretty is our church? I was nervous about our first Christmas away from home, but thanks to Mom, Skype, Chris, and First Presbyterian, it was pretty great.  Mom was able to send extra decorations and gifts to fill our tree.  Skype allowed us to open our Christmas Eve PJs together, and take turns watching everyone open gifts!

Look how much food we cooked!  I cooked my very first turkey, green bean casserole, Brussels sprouts, praline sweet potatoes, rolls, ham, red cake and Chris' very first run at stuffing.  Excuse the lengthy list- its for all of you who, like my mom, when ask "How was _____?", really mean "What did you eat?"  LOL- it's ok, I'm pretty food focused too:)  We probably burned all our calories cooking and cleaning...ok, maybe not ALL...maybe just one piece of red cake, but still:)  We had some good friends over, and still had enough food to feed us for two weeks- which worked out because neither of us wanted to cook at all!

We busted out the fancy china and everything!  First time in four years! I hadn't seen it in so long, I forgot how much I like it:)

  

Oh, and Chris left today for 6 months in Korea...but I'm trying not to dwell on that.  I've had my day of sweats, crying, naps, brownies and a massage-facial combo which was fabulous!  Now back to working on getting those hours, projects, assignments, presentations (and blogging) to keep my mind busy. Merry late Christmas, Happy late New Year and here's to Chris' return in July!









No comments:

Post a Comment