Monday, September 12

Bacon- Not Just For Eating

*Disclaimer: I don't want to offend any vegetarians out there with this! Everyone has their own personal beliefs and lifestyles, which is fair and good. I, personally, think meat is healthy.

I'm being a good student and watching a lecture now. We were talking about a theory that breaks behavior into physical, social and self-evaluative statements. Keep in mind, she's overweight...

"So, I've been a vegetarian for 29 years. Sometimes I'll eat fish, not very often. I do drink milk and I do eat cheese, and those eggs with added omega 3 fatty acids. Because when you're a vegetarian, you miss the omega 3 fatty acids, and the pills give you fish breath all day! So, the physical. It took me a bit to change to this. (story recounting her butchering class in culinary school after which she decided to give up meat) So, I would always get sick and I'd be like "Oh, I'm sick. Guess I'll eat meat again." (Story about her second butchering class, making sausages, etc...)-honestly, this would gross me out too! And after that class it was all over! I was done with meat. And I got sick again, but this time I went through with it. (Ummm, body sending messages loud and clear!) So since then I haven't had any beef, pork, turkey, chicken, especially not chicken. In terms of physical, I relate this to probably lowering my risk of certain kinds of diseases, heart disease. Umm, avoiding a whole food group has helped me to maintain my weight, which is not good, but its better than what it could be if I was eating meat." Her social statement was how its awkward to eat out, and her self-evaluative statement was feeling good knowing she's doing the Earth good by not eating meat.

I'm glad I'm a distance student so I can't possibly let my own opinions be known in class. Moral of the story: if something makes you sick, don't do it!

Eat meat. God says so.

Genesis 9

God’s Covenant With Noah
1 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 2 The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. 3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

So, speaking of meat here's an awesome article posted on the Weekend Link Love post of Mark's Daily Apple this weekend! Basically, in order to make the world's biggest omelet the skillet was greased by women tying bacon to their feet and skating around! Awesome!

Old, Weird Tech: Huge Spatula and Bacon Skates Edition


1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous- I miss bacon. And I am probably the poster child of "if it makes you sick, don't do it!" Thank you, LEAP therapy. I may not be able to eat pork, but hand over the steaks!!! People need to listen to their bodies, whether they like what their body is saying or not.

    And I also believe in Live and Let Live, but come on- we have canine teeth for a reason: to tear apart meat!!

    ReplyDelete