After a week of crazy studying for both of us, Chris and I took a few hours to unwind and get a tree on Saturday. It was weird driving around and NOT seeing tents up in shopping centers and churches. We had to drive to Virginia Beach to find a place other than Home Depot to get a Christmas tree. So, we put on our favorite Christmas movie, Elf, and decorated! Here are some highlights:
"It's really nice to meet another human who shared my affinity for elf culture."
I'm so glad we have stairs this year!
"First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can and then, we'll snuggle!"
Why four stocking for two people? The one hanging off of Christmas Pooh's toe is for Hank! My Nannie gave us the awesome boot stockings so we'd feel at home and the one on the left is the one Chris has always had so we'll take that one with us when we go home for Christmas:)
Chef Kringle
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups. Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
Our tree! You can't really see the ornaments so I snapped a few favorites:
Not sure how to Christmas-up a bowl of shells? Have your dog bite off a piece of your tree and put it in the bowl! LOL

"If you can sing alone you can sing in front of other people. There's no difference. I'll show you. I'm singing, I'm in a store and I'm singing, I'm in a store AND I'M SINGING!"
And last but not least, our backyard. Chris bought a string of lights with big bulbs and hung them inside our awning and down the fence. It looks great! I bought poinsettias at the Commissary and they look really good together.

That was a really fun break from school:)"First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can and then, we'll snuggle!"
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups. Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
Not sure how to Christmas-up a bowl of shells? Have your dog bite off a piece of your tree and put it in the bowl! LOL"If you can sing alone you can sing in front of other people. There's no difference. I'll show you. I'm singing, I'm in a store and I'm singing, I'm in a store AND I'M SINGING!"
And last but not least, our backyard. Chris bought a string of lights with big bulbs and hung them inside our awning and down the fence. It looks great! I bought poinsettias at the Commissary and they look really good together.
On Sunday, Chris went to church while I headed to the library for my last Community Nutrition class before the final. One of the four modules was mostly about WIC so I slacked off on studying that part;) I was feeling pretty good about it and was about to tell the librarian I was ready for it when I noticed everyone in the room started frantically clicking their mouses. I had my own laptop so I wasn't concerned, until it wouldn't let me click on the next page. Eventually, they made the announcement that the internet at all of the Chesapeake libraries crashed. EEK!! My exam was due at 5 and last time, the internet wasn't fixed for days! I saw another girl with her own laptop talking with the librarian. They went to her computer and started typing a password in. So, naturally I walked over and interrupted their conversation to ask how SHE had internet and was able to take HER test while I was pouting about not being able to take mine. Smart girl was using her phone as a hub and let me connect to it! WOOHOO! I wanted to kiss her! Instead, I gave her a candy cane we'd gotten at the tree place for her memory;) The test went well (I'd had an extra candy cane for me) and I didn't study one thing for the rest of the day. I made a frozen chicken lasagna and Chris and I watched the first half of "We Are Marshall". Pretty good Sunday!
Love you decorations!!!! Your house is festive! I finally finished the tree tonight. YAY!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the banister...and the boot stockings! Too cute.
ReplyDelete