1. University of Northern Colorado
2. Sodexo- they wanted an online portfolio to learn about us. I've probably already sent it to you, but if you're curoius, check it out.
3. University of Houston
Clinical: Sentara Obici in Suffolk
Foodservice Management: Chesapeake Public School System
Community: Bon Secours dePaul Medical Center and THREE different health departments: Hampton, Virginia Beach and Norfolk
Why three health departments? Well, UNCO states that the primary preceptor must be an RD. You have one primary preceptor for the entire internship (Obici), but when asked, they said they prefer an RD to sign off in each rotation, which is fair. UH wants a primary preceptor at for each rotation. They didn't state that they needed to be RD, but when asked also said they'd prefer it. UH also wanted resumes from all preceptors.
So, the Hampton WIC office is the only one in the seven cities to employ an RD. Unfortunately they've never had an intern and she didn't want to have to find and update her resume, so I didn't get one. VA Beach WIC director isn't an RD, also didn't submit a resume but has had TONS of interns so she knows what she's doing. Norfolk WIC director isn't an RD, has had a few interns but filled out the forms correctly:) SO, I submitted all three and will let them decide which criteria is most important!
I have a feeling the Portsmouth WIC director is an RD, has had tons of interns and would have submitted a resume and correct forms but she'd already met her intern quota when I called:(
I think the only area of Hampton Roads I didn't look into was Newport News, but that's even farther away than Suffolk and requires two long, traffic filled tunnels to get to! No thank you!

I realize that by putting all this out there, it'll be that much more disappointing if I don't get matched but I'm just not a very private person so that's a risk I'm willing to take.
Check back with us after 6pm on April 1 to see matching results!!
We're trying the nutrition class at work again starting next week. I'm actually glad it didn't work out for the first go-round. I wouldn't have prepared properly with application stuff going on. There's a meet-and-greet thingie tonight with City of Norfolk employees who are getting a special discount for it! I hope people come!
My first WIAW in a long time... these pictures have been piling up for weeks so it's not really a fair representation of what I eat in one day. There were cookies, chocolate covered caramel corn and pizza recently that I didn't capture:)
Breakfast: We've been on a quiche kick lately. It's a quick way to have non-cereal/oatmeal/waffles in the morning. I think this one was bacon and broccoli.Lunch: Forgot my lunch at work so I tried the Beach Un-wich at Jimmy John's. Provolone, turkey, avocado, sprouts, tomato, mustard and CUCUMBERS wrapped in lettuce. YUM!
Snack: More of Chris' guacamole! He makes it about once a week now. It only lasts a day:)
Dinner: Flank steak with a coffee/cayenne pepper rub with broccoli and rubbery frozen green beans. I bought lots of frozen food right when Chris left for SERE and didn't eat much of it.

And, although it's not part of my WIAW this was our Valentine's Day dinner last night!
More flank steak (it's probably been about two weeks since the one in the WIAW) marinated in a Lime/Chipotle something from a bottle that Mark probably wouldn't approve of, salad and spaghetti squash tossed with tomatoes, pesto and feta cheese. Chris didn't like the squash so much but that's ok...more for me:)I feel like so much more has happened in the last few weeks. Chris is enjoying being in the squadron, I missed the spouse club meeting (not on purpose, just completely forgot!), I got a new phone, it snowed, work's going well, we started a read-the-Bible-in-90-days class at church are are failing, our neighbor came back from deployment so he and Chris are going to fly their RC helos together, one of our neighbors got arrested and poor Hank has a yeast infection in his ears:( More details upon request...lol! Ok, off to enjoy a beautiful 60 degree day!
YAY!!!! All done! Now just time to wait :) Matt is in Tuscaloosa this week and he had Jimmy Johns the other day. I'm jealous of both of you now. It's like my favorite place of... ever. I'm seriously considering having him bring me back a sandwich... ssshhh! lol I just don't know if it would be the same wrapped in lettuce. Their bread is so good!
ReplyDelete