Tuesday, January 31

Progress and Discipline

Yesterday was a turn-around day for my internship applications. I finished my online portfolio and had both a school district and a hospital agree to let me do rotations with them! Now, I just need a health department and that should be finished this week-YAY!! There have been so many frustrating times in the last few weeks. Calls unanswered, voicemails unanswered, emails unanswered, rude responses, disappointing surprises (Norfolk had NO RDs in the entire Health Dept!) and lots of doubt. Chris has been very encouraging and always reminds me to pray and send all my worries up because they do me no good down here!

In other news, Chris checked into HM-14 on Wednesday and has already had two completed missions to Cherry Point. A lot of the squadron is there for a few weeks and that means LOTS of back and forth for him. He gave me a tour of the squadron yesterday and I met some of the guys he spends his time with. He also met with the CO whose wife called me about 20 minutes later inviting me to the spouses' meeting next week! I really missed having a spouse's club in AWSTS so I'm really looking forward to it! One couple at OCF is in HM-14 so I'll already know somebody:) How cute is this? They DO say helo pilots have the hottest wives;)



And, of course, I have to talk about Hank a little bit. It rained a lot last week so we stayed in our field instead of going to the park. One day, he must have gotten bored and decided to run off down our street and get into busy traffic. Talk about FREAKING ME OUT! Thankfully, a nice stranger bent down to pet him and keep his attention until I could grab him. YIKES! So, I borrowed a 15' lead from a friend and we've ramped up the discipline. It goes in cycles. Chris and I slack off when he's doing really well, then it wares off and we have to get back into it. It's definitely ramp up time. It's only been a few days but he's already walking and generally obeying better. He's such a good boy...most of the time:)

1 comment:

  1. omg that pictures is so adorable!! They need a new one with you in it ;)

    ReplyDelete