Friday, March 9

Customer Service

After finishing up with my 6 o'clock client on Tuesday, I was confused and concerned to see a voicemail that had been left at 6:38 that wasn't from Chris. This is what the message was:

Good morning this is Derek with the Virginia Pilot. I'm calling because I delivered your paper this morning and it might have missed your porch. Uh, I'm not sure cuz I couldn't see it exactly when it went over so if you you could look around over on the left side of your porch its probably there. I do apologize and will try to make sure that doesn't happen again. Uh, thank you! If you have any issues give me a call back, 757-xxx-xxxx (I don't remember) and I will replace it if there's damage or anything uh thanks bye.

Ok, this made me laugh out loud but what good customer service! I've been meaning to call the Pilot and let them know how much I appreciated that message.

Side story about the paper: When we were living in the hotel, I'd read the paper and eat my breakfast in the lobby every morning. They'd have "Pilot Deals" listed everyday at different restaurants around Hampton Roads. I was so excited to see these, I showed Chris as soon as he got home! 'Look honey, you get a deal at these places! I don't know how you're gonna prove you're a pilot, but they must figure it out somehow." Chris gave me a strange look and it took me a good 30 seconds to realize my error:)

Anyway, I really enjoyed that message. I have to make a phone call sometime this weekend that I'm dreading. I'm really struggling with one of my clients and it's confrontation time. I HATE confrontation but something needs to change or I'm going to pull all my hair out so...wish me luck with THAT!

We're also going to look at houses tomorrow! We've decided to move to Chesapeake and have started the house hunting process really early after finding out Chris will probably be leaving this summer. We'll have to work in some Bible reading too. It is currently day 41 of our 90 days of reading and I'm currently on day 32. At an estimated 1 hour a day, I'll probably be behind the whole time! It's ok though, the point is to get through it:) I might also make another card wreath! Haley pointed out the other day that my Christmas one is still up...I don't think I ever posted an "after" picture!


As much as I love it, it's WAY past time for the red and green, but I really like the thought of having a place to display cards so I need a yellow or blue one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment