Saturday, July 16

Take THAT double-unders!

I hope everyone's had a good weekend so far! Here's a quick recap of our last few days:

Chris finished up his computer training and took his tests on Friday. Remember when I said he had three weeks to go through those 4 inches of material? He had two! But, he did it and he starts simulators tomorrow. This portion won't be so quick. He'll probably have 1.5-2 months of simulator events before actually getting into a helicopter. So, to celebrate the end of his death-by-PowerPoint, we went to the gym!

We learned what "slam ball push ups" are-OUCH!

It was OK though, I was still on a high from doing my first double under EVER!!! This is jumping rope but passing the rope around you twice for every jump. These have caused me more frustration and lead to more temper tantrums (albeit, short ones) than anything over the last two years. I'd just gotten in the habit of doing a couple singles, attempting a double, feeling the rope hit my shin, foot or toe and stopping. Friday, I did my fair share of those then at one point I stopped and the rope hit the back of my head instead of my foot. I didn't really understand what had happened. I tried it again and hit the back of my head again. The "AHA" light finally went off and I turned to Chris to see if he'd seen it and he had a huge smile on his face! I was ecstatic! There was only a minute or so of jumping around and squealing:) I was only sad that no one else in the gym had known my last two years of struggling! Our next gym-day can't come fast enough so I can try them again! We bought shirts afterwards too. They're designing new ones so we got ours on sale. Pretty snazzy huh?


Not that anyone's trying to kill me, but better safe than sorry right? For dinner we made grilled corn, pan fried pork chops and a bok choy pineapple slaw that was in this month's Real Simple-I LOVE that magazine! I loved it, Chris' reaction was "It's very bok choy-y" Haha! I think it's actually the cilantro that was a little overpowering. Recipes always call for too much cilantro!


Chris and I got up to beautiful sunny Saturday and...went to the library. Flight training and a Master's program don't leave a ton of time for enjoying the weather:( I took my MNT test, got an 89. Not quite an A, but I'm getting closer:) We had lunch at Cracker Barrel and the little boy in Chris bought this plane!


Hank wanted it SO badly, but we managed to keep it away from him.


We fired up the grill again and ate outside with the family who's lived in the hotel since 2009. We've talked to them before, the husband is a Chief in the Navy. He's served a long time, has been deployed multiple times and calls Chris "sir". I know he's supposed to, but it's still a little weird for us. We're still adjusting to being the minority in an environment that's mostly enlisted.

Today we tried church #3, Bayside Presbyterian. We've gone to Methodist churches since high school and I'd forgotten that I spent a few years in a Presbyterian church and school. There were no big distracting screens, I knew all the hymns, the choir was wonderful, we enjoyed the sermon and only tripped up when they said "debts and debtors" instead of "trespasses and those who trespass against us" during the Lord's prayer! Two more Sundays in Virginia Beach until we move! 15 more days!!!! I'm just a little excited;)





No comments:

Post a Comment