Monday, July 25

Weekend Full of Firsts

Chris fought his first cockpit fire today! Ok that sounds bad..he went to fire fighting training today. It sounded pretty fun to me but he'd heard it was awful and wasn't too excited about it. I think the awful part was getting up at 4:30 and the hours and hours of PowerPoint. They had an actual fire in a helo cockpit and, of course, saved the day:) Doesn't sound like such a bad day of work to me-especially being done before noon!

This one's two firsts: we had our first dreaded Hampton Roads tunnel experience on our way to buy my first mountain bike! It was a bad call to make this particular "first" at 5:30 on a Friday. We got there though and it wasn't really THAT bad. Chris got his a few weeks ago-isn't it pretty?:
We got mine from a guy in Hampton on Friday:

These aren't our photographs. They bikes were very inconveniently stored on either side of our bed upside down, now they're in the trailer. I'm 99% sure these are the same thing though! We were waiting to get a bike rack to take them out but it hasn't come yet and we wanted to ride so we took them out in the parking lots after business hours today! We let Hank come and he had a great time trying to keep up with Chris and running between us...once he wasn't scared of them anymore;) I love Craigslist.

This certainly isn't a first, but I finished another book this weekend. I always tell Mom what I'm reading but I talked to her this weekend and realized I've read too much to keep her up to date! During our house hunting trip, I started The Chocolate Snowman Murders. Chocolate, murder mystery, what's not to like? It was the silly fun book I needed during a pretty stressful time.


Usually, I try not to read two books at the same time but I really didn't think the chocolate murder antics would get mixed up with the non-plot of my Purchasing and Inventory textbook. THIS was the book for my four-week class!! I suppose the silver lining to a class that spans May 30- June 30 during which Chris got his wings, I finished up work, we planned and went on a house hunting trip and moved is that I didn't spend too much time with this book!



After the murder was solved, I picked up Summer Sisters that I bought at the Bookworm used book store in Pensacola with Stephanie:)





Less fun and summer-y, but this will probably be on my reading list as long as I stay in this field. Remember my poopy post? I learned it all from this: I read A LOT of it and won't be finished for a while!









Needing something fun, another Bookworm purchase was next on my list. This was my first Janet (lol Blair!) that's not in her numbered series!









The one I finished this weekend is also from Bookworm. My other books had been packed, but I bought these after the movers came:) It was good, but I would highly recommend putting more than one book between Summer Sisters and Barefoot...they were so similar! SS: Martha's Vineyard, two girl friends. B: Nantucket, two sisters and a friend. Both- dramas of life and growing up, island romance, etc...






Next on my list is Transfer of Power. Chris got some Vince Flynn books as a stocking stuffer a year and a half ago but hadn't read anything for fun since I can remember so I'm going to borrow them:)






The BEST first-getting to move in early!!! It's only two days early, but we're still so excited!! Keys on Friday, movers with our stuff (food processor!! hair dryer!!! clothes!!!) on Saturday! Let the shortened countdown begin: 5 DAYS!

And now, because it's raining and Hank's a little wet and SO CUTE, one of my favorite Hank pictures after his first bath:

3 comments:

  1. oooh, in a week you'll have another first. Mom's first visit to Norfolk!!! So excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few of the Janet E. books. I have the rest on my ipod to listen to (the numbered tones)...when I can find time! And yay for new bikes!

    ReplyDelete