
The Chrysler Museum just opened up a glass studio this week. LAST week, there was a special members-only sneak peek demonstration that we went to! It was SO cool! They demonstrated how they add color to the glass, blow it, and use all the instruments to shape it. They have classes and workshops for non-artists to come make beads, coasters, dinner settings, all kinds of stuff! I can't wait to go!
After that, we were all set to go to to the Ghent Masquerade Halloween Block Party. It was cold, wet, and rainy but I was willing to ignore all that to have some fun! Chris and I were dog sitting two little dogs for some friends:

who were going to (very cleverly, I might add) be used in mine and Haley's purses as part of "celebrity" costumes! Unfortunately, when we drove by, port-a-potties and a stage were the only things there. I suppose they started to set up but cancelled it because of the weather. Fortunately, Haley's friends invited us to Todd Jurich's Burger Bar. It's the coolest burger place I've ever been to! All the beef is local 100% grass fed. We started with fried pickles-DELICIOUS! Chris got a bison burger and I had the lamb burger. As if that wasn't enough, they make wonderful milkshakes made with frozen nitrogen. It was just like getting fajitas as Chili's-you hear them sizzling before you see them! It was really cool:)
Saturday was a sad day. It was my last ACE class (American Council of Exercise) which isn't necessarily a sad thing, but it caused me to miss the first 3/4 of our game! By the time I got to the bar, the Ags had stopped playing well:( We lost in overtime...that's never fun.
Our neighborhood's not really trick-or-treating friendly so a few of us packed up candy and chairs and sat at the end of a different street. It was pretty fun, although there weren't as many kids as I was hoping for and there were WAY too many parents smoking and trying to fill their OWN bags. Geez... Anyway, all Halloween stuff was on sale at Target on Tuesday so I unfortunately got some candy, but was really happy to find these awesome candy corn socks for $2!!
8:00-10:00: write a paper that was due at 12
10:30- go to Chesapeake library to study quickly
11:00- take exam
12:30-5: finish making and printing materials for presentation
5:30: leave for OCF- dinner, presentation, Bible study The presentation's on YouTube- if you're interested in learning about fruits and vegetables in fast food you can watch it here!
9:00: go home and pass out!
Needless to say, no time for WIAW on Wednesday so here's WIAF!
Breakfast: Coffee with agave nectar and coconut cream in my awesome Halloween mug, oatmeal and blueberry/cranberry juiceam Snack: Trail Mix bar
Lunch: Corn and Wild Rice (another Holly Clegg recipe!) I added chicken to the original recipe.
pm Snack: Halloween candy! I had Kit Kats too...but those were all gone when I took the picture;)
Dinner: Italian Stuffed Meatloaf (ALSO Holly Clegg!). This picture shows the stuffing- Parmesan cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. The recipe called for mozzarella cheese, spinach and roasted red peppers, but I just used what I had. YUM!
Today, Hank helped me write another that was, again, due at noon. This semester has been VERY procrastination heavy!
No comments:
Post a Comment