My favorite new word of Balderdash is: nestcock. The definitions we had to choose from were:The firing space of an M-16
The space between two pilots in an aircraft
A plumbing tool
A house husband (HAHA- lots of laughs, my first thought: "Good one Nannie!")
A type of shark
There was one more...I don't remember. I'll give y'all a few days to tell me what you think the right definition is (NO GOOGLING, CHEATERS!)
Here is some of our Thanksgiving day spread:
Breakfast: cinnamon rolls, broccoli and ham omelet
Lunch/Appetizers: Crostini, goat cheese and onion turnover on phyllo dough, veggie tray, "crack" - a cheese roll thing topped with cranberry sauce- YUM!
Dinner: popovers, butter beans and shrimp, stuffed mirliton, cranberry sauce, pear and goat cheese salad, stuffing, Nannie's sweet potatoes, stuffed mushrooms and of course, turkey and ham
Dessert: pecan pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, fudge pecan pie, Schweddy Balls

It was a FABULOUS day with wonderful food which we ate for the next three days!

We actually ate the Schweddy Balls the next day, but I wanted to write it down:) In between the food and games, we hung out with the kiddos a lot. We'd never really spent time with Jack and Ella, which was nice, and we had some QT with Luc and Lilly too:) Other people took most of the pictures, which I hope will be on facebook soon, but here's one of Chris and Luc bonding over Cars:
We are so thankful for family nearby and the chance to spend the holidays with loved ones!
LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete