Monday, January 23

Always a Nerd

A week and a half into the semester and I already feel swamped with readings, discussions, assignments and projects. The good thing is that, so far, I really like my classes! Experimental food science and Advanced clinical nutrition are both SO interesting I don't mind being up here studying while Chris and Hank are hanging out on the couch. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be on the couch, but at least this isn't torture or anything:)

As for internship applications, here's where I am so far:

Reference 1
Reference 2
Reference 3
Lone Star CC Transcript
TCU Transcript
TAMU Transcript
UA Transcript (all ordered, none received)
Work experience: get supervisor's name, phone number and address from
-Kroger
-The Woodlands Country Club
-The Grotto
-Chili's
-TAMU Athletic Department
-Institute for Obesity Research
(Thankfully, my supervisor at ECHD still works there because NO ONE else at the previously mentioned establishments does!)
Volunteer experience: get the same information for the organizations I've volunteered with at TCU, TAMU and in Pensacola
Personal statements for
-UH
-UNC
-Sodexo
Online portfolio
Find rotation sites
-clinical
-community
-foodservice
List all extracurricular activities
List all honors and awards
Upload resume

So, basically I've done the easy stuff! LOL It's a lot, but it's coming together:) AND I have three more weeks!

I have to say, despite practice over the last few weeks, I haven't gotten any better at leaving professional-sounding voice mails. I hope that's not why no one seems to be calling me back. I'm knocking doors down Wednesday if I don't hear from anyone-wish me luck!

I need to leave for the gym in 3 minutes, but wanted to post these I found on someone's facebook page. They make the nerd in me proud:)

This actually happened to me and, yes, I felt like the smartest person in the world:)



I feel like this at OCF too, but I usually don't know the answers there...



Mine's a mechanical pencil that my Dad gave me in the 8th grade. It still has its magic!


I'm NOT wrong! Take THAT Word! lol

2 comments:

  1. I know that process is a pain in the butt, but sooo worth every second! I'm so excited for you!! Are all those internships distance? I know Sodexo is. When is matching??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything's due Feb 15, matching is Apr 10 I think. It seems so far away, but I know its going to feel like no time at all!

    ReplyDelete