Quick recap of our trip:
- day trip to New Braunfels
- Chris turned 26!
- College Station for an Aggie basketball game (WHOOP!)
- Family and new puppies. We met Waldo (lab mix), Newton (bull mastiff) and Tilly (standard dachshund- see below) on this trip!
- Christmas Eve service at a new church. Downside: being sick, singing making me cough uncontrollably during the service:(
- Boxing Day dinner
Here's us snuggling with Grandma and puppies:)

Here's a pretty good representation of our Christmas: jammies, dogs, couch, new toys. AWESOME! Chris was playing with his helicopter outside! Not sure if you can see it in this picture, but we did a Christmas puzzle and got it in the display part of the coffee table! I was pretty proud of that:) We did get dressed for Christmas dinner, but we absolutely waited as long as possible. I made the red cake this year! We were a little short on most of the ingredients so the proportions ended up being right and it was pretty good! OBVIOUSLY not as good as Grandmas or mom's, but I'll work on it;)

LOTS of good family time and good food! It was nice to be back in Norfolk though- I missed Hanky Pank so much! He was very happy to see us again and Steve and Leah were nice enough to feed us when we came to pick him up: baked chicken, green beans, squash and rice. Just what we needed after a long day of traveling and feeling sick! Our first night back, we slept 12 hours. All three of us were exhausted! Friday, I trained at 5:30 and 7 then went back home and slept some more- it was so nice being able to work for 2 hours then having nothing else to do!
So here's to a wonderful 2012! Chris will join the fleet and be out of training for the first time in his Naval career, I've just started my new job at the gym and will take my last 5 classes before graduating in August (woohoo!). All good things to come!
Your hair is getting so long! I love it! How are you liking being a trainer?? Come back here and train me!! :)
ReplyDelete